Food safety for food handlers
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of contamination hazards and control methods used in a food business
- Theory based unit standard, designed for people currently working in the food industry or for someone that is preparing themselves to work in the food industry. People certified with this unit standard will be able to demonstrate knowledge of basic food contamination hazards and to be able to prevent cross contamination of food in a food business.
- Practice Food Safety methods in a food business. Level 2 Credits 4
- This unit standard is designed for the person that is currently working in the food industry or someone that is preparing themselves for the food industry. With this unit standard you will learn how to maintain effective personal hygiene whilst working in a food establishment, prevent cross contamination, measure and control temperatures that may cause risks to food.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food contamination hazards, and control methods used in a food business. Level 3 Credits 4
- This Unit is mainly theory based and is designed for someone currently working in the food industry, or for someone wanting to learn more about food safety prior to entering the food industry. In this standard you will learn to demonstrate knowledge of hazards that can cause food-borne illness and food spoilage, including the methods used to control the hazards in a food business.